What percentage of sales professionals who sell remotely consider emails to be the most effective channel for remote selling?
21% of sales professionals who sell remotely say emails are the most effective channel for remote selling
In the age of digital transformation, remote selling has become an essential skill for modern sales professionals. With the ongoing pandemic and the rise of virtual communication tools, remote selling has taken on a greater importance in the sales process. According to a recent survey, 21% of sales professionals who sell remotely consider emails to be the most effective channel for reaching their prospects and customers.
But why are emails deemed the most effective channel? For one, emails are a low-cost and low-effort way to reach out to prospects and customers, making it an attractive option for sales professionals looking to maximize their time and resources. Emails also offer a level of personalization and customization, allowing sales professionals to tailor their message to the individual needs of their prospect or customer.
Another advantage of emails is their ability to provide a written record of communication, making it easy for sales professionals to refer back to previous interactions with prospects and customers. This can help build rapport and establish trust, which is critical in the sales process.
However, while emails can be a powerful tool for remote selling, it’s important for sales professionals to use them effectively. Here are some tips for improving your email communication and boosting your remote sales success:
- Personalize your message: Address the prospect or customer by name and tailor your message to their specific needs and pain points.
- Keep it concise: Be clear and concise in your message, getting straight to the point and avoiding unnecessary fluff.
- Use a clear subject line: Your subject line should be clear and attention-grabbing, encouraging the recipient to open your email.
- Use a professional tone: Keep your tone professional and respectful, avoiding overly informal language or slang.
- Follow up: Don’t be afraid to follow up with prospects and customers but be respectful of their time and avoid being too pushy.
By following these tips and using emails effectively, sales professionals can maximize their success in remote selling and build strong relationships with their prospects and customers.
More 2022 Stats
In a recent McKinsey study, 61% of survey respondents said that, before the pandemic, they primarily sold their business’ products through traditional in-person sales — that number has since fallen to 29%.